Re: How to "mkdosfs" in Debian

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 07:39:49PM -0700, Jerry Zhou <jzhou@acdcorp.com> was heard to say:
> Hello:
>
> I found "mkdosfs" command Turbolinux /sbin. I can not find it in Debian. I
> try " dpkg -S mkdosfs" can not find it also.
> How can I make dos fs in Debain?

bluegreen:/usr/local/src/CS> ls /sbin/mk*
/sbin/mkdosfs     /sbin/mkfs           /sbin/mkfs.minix  /sbin/mkswap
/sbin/mke2fs      /sbin/mkfs.ext2      /sbin/mkfs.msdos
/sbin/mke2fs-std  /sbin/mkfs.ext2-std  /sbin/mkfs.vfat

bluegreen:/usr/local/src/CS> dlocate /sbin/mkdosfs
dosfstools: /sbin/mkdosfs
bluegreen:/usr/local/src/CS> dlocate /sbin/mkfs.msdos
dosfstools: /sbin/mkfs.msdos

bluegreen:/usr/local/src/CS> dlocate -s dosfstools
Package: dosfstools
 Inside of this package there are two utilities to create and to
 check MS-DOS FAT filesystems on either harddisks or floppies under
 Linux.  This version uses the enhanced boot sector/superblock
 format of DOS 3.3+ as well as provides a default dummy boot sector
 code.

  So probably the "dosfstools" package is what you want.

  Daniel