RE: Packaging PLT Scheme

Paul,

> We'd like to find someone to package PLT Scheme (DrScheme,
> MzScheme) for Debian Linux.  We already package them
> in tar.gz and RPM's for other varieties of Linux.  Since
> we're not running Debian locally, we have no expertise
> in packaging for it.

I have already generated a package for DrScheme (plus the
MrSpidey debugger) that resides in the "unstable" Woody
distribution.  It was not created until after the code
freeze for our soon-to-be-released Debian 2.2

Interested users can get it from:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/interpreters

There are a couple of minor issues with the package (some
documentation is not linked to the help system properly),
which I will fix soon but have been tied up with the Potato
release.

I was under the impression that mzscheme was part of the
DrScheme distribution, so didn't make it a separate package.

When I next work on this, I'll split them so that MzScheme
may be used separately from DrScheme.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

-Brent