Re: i386->powerpc cross compiler

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, David N. Welton wrote:

> Has anyone actually managed to create a cross-compiler using the
> Debian GCC (+ binutils) sources?  Following the faq's instructions
> does not work.  There are a number of ommisions in the faq that limit
> its utility, does anyone have a list of them?

In the early days of Linux on Alpha, I had a cross-compiler that was
i386->alpha, but it was really brain-damaged (the 32->64 bit issues were
horrid).  Once we abandoned that, there was no going back.  I'm guessing
that it'll be the same once IA64 comes out.  I'm sure that would horribly
complicate the issue of cross-compilers if we choose to do something like
that...