Re: OT to Debian [Was: RFC/ITP: Constitution of Finland]

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 04:46:37PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:

>      When the data section was first proposed on -policy, it included
> some proposed rules for what should go in data.  These seemed to get
> lost along the way.  I believe the original proposal provided that
> data files that required specialized programs to access the data in the
> intended manner would not go into the data section.  This would

I'm sorry, but with this reasoning, wouldn't all data be out of 'data'?
IIRC, the data section came along because somebody wanted to package a
monstrous amount of scientific data (I really don't remember what this data
was all about). Well, wouldn't this data needed a "specialized program to
access" it? And consequently be moved out of the 'data' section?

/me just confused