Need a package with minimal TrueType fonts

I would like to package the Graphviz[1] graph drawing program.  It will require
access to at least one TrueType font.  Debian does not appear to have even a
minimal set of fonts.

There should be a package containing three fonts (serif, sans serif, fixed width)
that are nicely hinted to display at web resolution and also look good on high
resolution output.

I've looked at about 1000 free fonts today and haven't come up with much.

I would like to hear suggestions for suitable fonts.  Some requirements to
get started...
  - one each of serif, sans serif, fixed width
  - free
  - redistributable
  - render nicely down to 9 point
  - `full' character set

Ideally someone will point me to 3 suitable fonts, I'll package them and move on.
Barring that I will start contacting designers and see if I can get one to liberate
or donate a font.

[1] Graphviz can be found at http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

--
                                     Jim Studt, President