Re: Non-configuration files in /etc

Rainer Dorsch <rainer@rai16.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

IMHO:

> I investigated the situation and found, that I have to exclude
>
> /etc/mtab
> /etc/rmtab

Should be moved to /var/state, and symlinked for compatibility
(though, only (u)mount uses it, or am I wrong)

> /etc/X11/olvwm/openwin-menu-debian (slink)
> /etc/X11/fvwm2/menudefs.hook  (slink)
> /etc/X11/fvwm95/menudefs.hook  (slink)

Hmm, these are kinda config files, but autogenerated by update-menu,
not to be edited by hand. Move to /var/lib/menu?

> /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.freshmeat
> /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.slashdot
> /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.linuxtoday

If you move the above, these should be moved, too.

> /etc/ssh/ssh_random_seed

/var/state

> Should I file a wishlist bug (at least) against wmheadlines?

I think so, but probably also against menu.

--
Robbe