: Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 28, 2000

>On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 11:56:35AM +0200, Peter
>Makholm wrote:
>> I didn't pick random packages. I picked some
>>packages that is
>> useless in their present state (thats what release
>>critical bug
>> means). If the above packages isn't useless their
>>bugs shouldn't have
>> a release critical serverity.

>I don't think any of the release critical severity
>levels
>(important, grave, critical) says that such bugs must
>make a packge
>universally useless. Many of these packages will work
>for most
>people but fail in a few corner cases.

Then don't shit can the package BUT DO list all the
know bugs and how they affect the use of the package
in release notes for the package. (or in the package
description).  Then users can decide if they want to
install the package.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze