Re: Splitting isdnutils & co. into non-X and X parts

Falk Hueffner wrote:

> "W. Borgert" <debacle@knorke.in-berlin.de> writes:
>
> > I work console-only 99% of the time and have one machine, where
> > xlib6g/xfree86-common (size 4492K) is only installed because of
> > mtools (size 311K).
>
> This was discussed thoroughly and the decision was that saving 4M for
> a minority of users wouldn't be worth the hassle. Thus the policy.
> Please wait at least some months before reviving this topic...
>From the last responds to my request I thought that the policy wouldn't forbid
this. I do not want an isdnutils and an isdnutils-X package, I want to have it
split up into an essential part (ipppd, isdnctrl, ... that do not need X) and
some optional parts (xmonisdn, ...).

Other than that, I would find it a shame that Debian should not be suited for
small, embedded systems as dpkg, apt-get & co are the best tools that exist for
such purposes.

best greets,
Rene