Re: UPGRADING procedures available - buzz to potato at once!

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 09:02:57AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever done a SPARC
> slink to potato upgrade? I didn't think so. Believe me, I have done A LOT,
> and I have had no problems (atleast none that relate to dpkg or apt).

I can vouch for that.  A co-worker of mine did this very thing on a SPARC
yesterday at an ISP here in Louisville, as an attempt to convert that ISP
to our distribution.

He said the slink install and potato dist-upgrade went by without a hitch,
except that he had to compile a 2.2 kernel, since the potato tools expected
devpts.

That should probably be in the potato release notes for all architectures,
but it's not a fatal problem.  You can't exactly start a new kernel in the
middle of an apt upgrade anyway.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |     The software said it required Windows