Re: Please adopt these programs

gaia@iki.fi wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:13:15PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > libedit:
> >
> > This is a BSD library similiar to libreadline but doesn't infect your
> > programs with the ILoveGNU virus.  I assume you can find it at
> > http://www.freebsd.org
>
> Also note that one of the BSD's (not necessarily FreeBSD, can't remember
> now) have written a readline compatibility API on top of libedit.
> Please consider using that version of libedit :-)

I'm currently finishing a package for editline which is not libedit
but provides some readline type functionality in a very small
footprint. ~20kB.  Nice for space constrained systems.

If I could just get the d*mn *.so.* files to go into the .debs I'd be
there. Sadly the obvious is cleverly evading my sight. :-)

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.