Re: Some more debconf queries

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 03:41:48PM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> Rob Browning wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, it's too bad all the config files don't just contain scheme/lisp
> > forms.  Then you could just have one universal tiny parser that's
> > regular, very well defined, and gives people with parenphobia the
> > willies :>
> >

> Well, using scheme/lisp expressions is daunting. The MacOS X people
> are using XML for the task but IMHO, that's even crazier.

Don't forget: A bad standard is better than no standard.

XML is easy to parse, and easy to transform, and it's easy to write
programs which input it, output it, or transform it.

That's a lot better than what we have now.

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable