Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000

debian-devel@lists.debian.org, bugscan@debian.org wrote:
>Package: apache-ssl (non-US/main)
>Maintainer: Christoph Martin <christoph.martin@uni-mainz.de>
>[HELP] Fix needed (RB)
>  63116  Default config is invalid

There's a fix in a followup to the bug report.

>Package: jdk1.1 (debian/non-free)
>Maintainer: Stephen Zander <gibreel@debian.org>
>[HELP] Need more info about the effect of this bug; is it RC? (RB)
>  60857  Bad path to java-jdk11.1.gz in update-alternatives-jdk1.1

I don't think it's RC; update-alternatives-jdk1.1 isn't called by the
maintainer scripts or anything, it's only for use by the user when
switching between different versions of the JDK, so it really is just a
one-line fix in update-alternatives-jdk1.1 with no repercussions (I
believe). The alternatives registered by the maintainer script are fine
(well, the prerm sets $man to '/usr/man/man1', but it never actually
uses that because all the man page links are slaves).

This could be downgraded or NMUed if the maintainer isn't available.

>Package: pinepgp (debian/contrib)
>Maintainer: Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>
>[REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
>  63343  pinepgp: Unsatisfied Dependancy

s/pgp5/pgp5i in the control file, not difficult.

>Package: sawmill (debian/main)
>Maintainer: Mikolaj J. Habryn <dichro-debian@rcpt.to>
>[REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
>  63770  sawmill: Error in compilated lisp files.

It Works For Me (tm), and if the compiled Lisp files are broken I'd have
expected to see the same thing. The submitter has different versions of
librep8 and rep (which are built from the same source), so this is
probably causing the problem.

Since librep8 (which the submitter has installed) is a woody package, I
don't think this is a bug in potato anyway.

>Package: ssh (non-US/main)
>Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
>[HELP] Need fix. (RB)
>  62746  sshd doesn't close inherited file descriptors, causing debconf to hang

Since the maintainer says he's patched around this, should this be
downgraded for now?

>  62876  ssh hangs on installation

Could well be an instance of #62746.

>  63436  selecting ssh as non-suid root will change the default ports
>used by ssh

This is a documentation problem. While inconvenient, is it really
release-critical?

>Package: sslwrap (non-US/main)
>Maintainer: Raphael Bossek <bossekr@debian.org>
>[REMOVE] at next test cycle, if no fix is available. (RB)
>  63253  debconf config fails

Patch in the BTS.

>Package: ssmtp (debian/main)
>Maintainer: Hugo Haas <hugo@debian.org>
>  63896  ssmtp_2.38-3(unstable): bad debian/rules structure

The submitter describes a fix.