Re: Release-critical Bugreport for May 12, 2000

Michael Sobolev <mss@transas.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 10:37:32PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > For me it works ok, but I use the woody version... anyway: What about
> >
> > ~$ gnomeicu -a # Start without applet support
> Yes, it works...  I already found that the program works if gnome-panel is
> installed...
>
> There should be done something smart about this package, as it may work
> without gnome-panel installed, it should either recommend or suggest
> gnome-panel, but if for working without that nice panel, the user needs
> to specify a command-line parameter, I believe, gnomeicu must depend
> on gnome-panel.
>
> As I do not see a nice resolution for this problem, I set the severity to
> `important'.

Wouldnt it be a quick & dirty fix to install the binary to
/usr/lib/gnomeicu/bin/gnomeicu and have just a small shell script at
/usr/bin/gnomeicu:

---------------
#! /bin/sh

panel=`which panel`
if [ -n "$panel" ]; then
  panel_basename=`basename $panel`;
else
  panel_basename="";
fi;
if [ -n "$panel" -a -x $panel -a -n "`ps x | fgrep $panel_basename > /dev/null`" ]; then
  echo exec gnomeicu -a
else
  echo exec gnomeicu
fi

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann (Dru@ICQ, 54523380@ICQ)
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725, A-1080 Wien, Austria, Europe