kernel 2.2.15, aic7xxx driver 5.1.29

Critical bug 63946 raises a major concern: versions of the aic7xxx driver
between versions 5.1.26 and 5.1.28, inclusive, have a known problem which
causes failure on non-PCI systems.  This driver is needed for SCSI
controllers based upon nearly all Adaptec chipsets, including AIC-7770
(AHA-1742x, AHA-2742x, AHA-2842x) and AIC-7870 (AHA-2940).  In other
words, it is probably the most commonly used of any SCSI driver in Linux.

I have not checked, but it seems clear from the information in bug report
63946 that the 5.1.28 driver is in the Debian 2.2.15 kernel, not the
5.1.29 driver.  If so, then the kernel will fail on systems which use an
Adaptec EISA or VLB SCSI controller, and I would recommend patching the
kernel to use the latest 5.1.29 driver.

-- Mike