Re: help with mutt and vim (was Re: Archive is moving to auric / Incoming disabled)

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 06:44:29AM +0200, Dirk Pritsch wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 12:06:04PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 04:09:49PM -0700, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > > How do you forward a message in mutt, and get the quote characters
> > > ">" to indicate what it is you're forwarding? mutt just leaves the
> > > forwarded message untouched.  I guess I'll have to use "reply" and
> > > change the address instead.
> >
> > you can't, as far as i know.
> >
> Hi,
>
> from Mutt manual (1.0.1) :
>
> forward_quote
>
> Type:boolean
> Default: unset
>
> when set forwarded messages included in the main body of the message (when
> ``mime_forward`` is unset) will be quoted using ``?ndent_string``
>
> is this the functionality you're looking for ?

Yes that does what I was looking for, thanks!

I probably should get a little more proficient in vi.  I use emacs...you know
how it is ;)   I use jed with emacs bindings as the editor for mutt.

Thank you both for your replies!

Drew