Re: Applying the kernel-patch-2.2.10-raid 2.2.10-3 to 2.2.15

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 06:40:42AM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> Fourth, the Debian installation programs do not understand anything about
> /dev/md0 as an installable target, so you pretty much have to drop out to
> the shell and run everything manually up to the point where you can mount
> /dev/md0 onto /target, and after that it is a fairly normal installation.
> Understand that this means you are on your own for fdisk, mkraid, mkfs,
> and so on.

What we do is start the install on a partition which will later become
swap, then when we have a workable system, set up the md devices by hand
and cp -a the installation over to the md device.

We don't seem to have any problems with 2.2.15 + new raid patches, btw.

> Fifth, you probably want to apply the patch I recommend in critical bug
> 61227, since kernel panic and filesystem corruption can result otherwise.

Ouch. That's good to know, as we were just going to RAID1 the swap on a
machine which does swap.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed