Re: Two questions about the Debian ftp-server

On 17-May-00, 12:49 (CDT), "Robert D. Hilliard" <hilliard@adelphia.net> wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:
>
> > 1. Updates for packages in woody are being installed, but since at about
> >    two weeks no new are being installed to woody.
>
>      I uploaded dict-vera, a new binary-all package, on May 10, and it
> was installed on May 11, less than a week ago.  Installing the new
> package within 24 hours of upload is faster than I remember in the past.

I uploaded namg, a new package, on May 2nd, and it hasn't been installed
yet. I've gotten two identical messages about it being a new package
and needing to modify the overrides file, one on 5/2 and the next on
5/5. Both said there were no problems with the package.

Note that I'm not complaining, I'm sure the archive maintainers are
plenty busy. I do wonder why new packages uploaded later are being
added, though. (Hmm, alphabetical order?)

Steve