Re: Gnome debs by Helix Code

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 01:47:55AM +0300, Tuomas Jormola wrote:
> On the other hand they're employees of Helix Code _Inc_. <- Is
> this bad?  Is it totally unacceptable if a commercial company is
> participating Debian project? But the software they produce is and
> will always be as free as it can be. So I don't see a conflict here
> but maybe someone does.

that wouldn't be a problem at all, gnome is GPL-ed so it's free
software. a number of debian developers are employed in roles where at
least some of their official duties are to work on debian stuff. as long
as they take appropriate steps to avoid conflict of interest issues,
then there is no problem.

the only important thing i would worry about is whether the Helix .debs
conformed to debian policies or not. if they don't, then they're no good
to us.

craig

--
craig sanders