Re: On IRC logs, expectation of privacy, and posting

Alexander N. Benner wrote:
> At least in German, standing on a public place is an agreement to be filmed,
> and going to a performance were it sais "television present" is an agreement
> to be shown on tv.
> Speaking public in irc is therefor an agreement to be logged and going to a
> channel were things might get posted is an agreement to be included in it.
> /me thinks.

The irc channels we are dicussing are not very public. People who are
not known tend to be researched based on their /whois data. If we cannot
determine that they are a debian developer, we tend to ask them who they
are. If they don't answer satisfactorably, they may be asked to leave.

--
see shy jo