Re: PROPOSAL: complete list of documentation files, "man <packagename>", all man pages refer to said doc list in "See Also" section

On 2000-05-23, Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
>> dpkg -l, but this is not a really good reason :-)
> I had thought of that one, and I agree with your evaluation of its
> significance.  You see, dpkg -l gives 14 columns of package name in an
> 80-column terminal, so you would see:

How about:

> debian-doc
  deb-doc

> debian-packagi
  deb-pkg-manual

> debian-policy
  deb-policy

> debian-newmain
  deb-newmaint-g

> debian-develop
  deb-devel-ref
or
  deb-developers[-reference]

I know, this is unsatisfactory, because debian- does not appear in the
name, losing some of their grepability; but the package files are not
ending .deb for no reason, either (-:

>    Julian

regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,