minimal boot/install CD

I have a dsl connection to the 'net (but even if I
didn't, I could use a modem) and several computers
that I would like to install debian on.  What I'd like
to create is a bootable CD that would have the
contents of the boot, root, driver, and base images on
it.  All this stuff takes about 15 floppies or so.

The idea is to insert the boot CD and then install the
base system (which I believe is necessary in order to
bring up PPP and a modem connection to the 'net).  At
this point I can continue to use apt-get install, or
dselect to get the rest of the system.

What files do I need to create such a minimal bootable
CD, and how do I create such a beast?  Also if I have
a  LAN which provides a high speed 'net connection (so
I don't need PPP) do I still need to install the base
image? IE: does the root image have apt-get in it or
is that in the base image?

With CD burners now common, it is now possible to do
the equivilent of a floppy install over the 'net using
a bootable CD.  Has anyone thought of providing such a
minimal 'iso image (would be < 100mb I think, might
even fit on one of those business card cd's!).  What a
great way to kick start a debian 'net install on a
virgin computer without needing windoze!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....