Re: minimal boot/install CD

no no, the image has base.tgz. the installation system, at least when i
tested it, did not allow for using ppp to install the rest.

the link that Julian mentioned works REALLY well if you're on a resnet or
other high speed network such as residential dsl/cable modems. this is
specifically a Network Install CD.

the problem is that, to the install program, Network != PPP. this won't
interfere with what you're doing.

Kenneth Scharf (scharkalvin@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Do you mean that this image doesn't have base.tgz in
> it?  Hmmm, well maybe I can download the image, mount
> it using /dev/loop as /dev/cdrom, copy the whole
> structure to a directory on my hd, and then add the
> base package, re-master the image, and burn it
> (phew!).
> Looks like it would still fit on one of those business
> card cd-r's (they hold about 60mb).  Cool way to
> distribute debian to anyone willing to download it who
> doesn't want to first put windows on the machine or
> deal with a stack of floppies.

yeah, i got one of those babies at Geek Pride. don't keep it in your wallet.
trust me.