Re: what's up with security?

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 09:03:23AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> I think this is fairly obvious. Note, this is frozen and unstable only
> (not released Debian distributions), so there was no security advisory.
> AFAIK, this is normal for Debian. I told Wichert about the fix, and that's
> pretty much all I can do.

I don't think anyone's faulting you personally.

I think it would be better if we made security announcements regardless,
reporting on the non-vulnerability of our stable and/or frozen
distributions.  We have done this in the past ("Vulnerable: No"), and I see
no reason to stop now.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |   <joeyh> oh my, it's a UP P III.
Debian GNU/Linux               |   <doogie> dos it.