Re: RFPondering: runlevelconf, dependency-based init.d scheme

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 11:56:32AM +0300, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> 	Hi. I recall there has been some talk about the
> 	ugliness of the current sequence-based init.d-scheme
> 	(mostly that its hard to add things in the middle of
> 	the sequence, between two adjacent numbers). I
> 	recall there was talk about a dependency-based
> 	scenario.
>
> 	I just happened to run into
>
> ftp://moni.msci.memphis.edu/pub/run/runlevelconf.README
> ftp://moni.msci.memphis.edu/pub/run/runlevelconf-0.04.tar.gz

Thx Tommi.

I just made a new release since I forgot to update the MANUAL and
INSTALL files about a change I made earlier.

ftp://moni.msci.memphis.edu/pub/run/runlevelconf-0.05.tar.gz

Debian is free to do anything they want with the package (relicense
it, rewrite it in C, Perl, whatever).

Best,

Mate
---
Mate Wierdl | Dept. of Math. Sciences | University of Memphis