Re: ssh priority standard (?)

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 02:39:31AM -0400, Mike Bilow wrote:
> Lars is right.  The issue is a cost/benefit analysis.  If the risk of
> breaking something does not outweigh the risk of failing to fix something,
> then there is no point to assuming any additional risk.

That's a judgement that the maintainer must make, because he knows his
package better than anyone else (or he should).

> A software engineer cares whether it works; a computer scientist cares
> only whether it should work in theory.

It was a joke.  If you can't grok that, ignore it.

Oh yeah, and I did I mention...

I READ THE LISTS.  THERE IS NO NEED TO CC ME PERSONALLY WITH REPLIES TO
MESSAGES I POST TO THE LISTS UNLESS I ASK FOR THEM.  I READ QUITE ENOUGH OF
YOUR HOT AIR ALREADY WITHOUT GETTING YOUR SELF-IMPORTANT MISSIVES IN MY
PRIVATE MAILBOX.  THANK YOU.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    Software engineering: that part of
Debian GNU/Linux               |    computer science which is too difficult