Re: ITP: gnocatan

Sebastian Rittau wrote:

>On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 11:32:31AM -0700, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
>
>> I intend to package gnocatan, a rather fun turn-based game.
>
>Sorry to disappoint you, but gnocatan already seems to be packaged:

I think you'll find that Gnocatan was packaged by its author Dave Cole, but
it is not (yet) part of the Debian distribution. The Debian packaging is
included in the upstream sources. I wasn't able to find it in my friendly
neighbourhood Debian mirror, neither does it show up in a package search at
www.debian.org.

>srittau@moby:~$ dpkg -s gnocatan-client
>Package: gnocatan-client
>Section: games
>Installed-Size: 165
>Maintainer: Dave Cole <dave@dccs.com.au>
>Source: gnocatan
>Version: 0.31-1

You also have a fairly old version of it. The current 'stable' version is
0.3.3 (0.33 in the old numbering scheme) and there is a 0.4.0 'development'
version on the web site <http://www.dccs.com.au/~dave/gnocatan/>.

Frank