Re: to reiterate, why are there no security updates on the front page? (Or, 17 security holes the security team hasn't told you about)

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 01:31:21AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> You can put stuff after the actual low|medium|high mark, like:
>
> foo (1.0-1) unstable; urgency=low (ULTRA HIGH for those who are obsessed with foo)

Just sort of going out on a tangent here... one of the hats I wear is as
an editor at freshmeat.net, and the urgencies we use for new versions
are defined as "how urgent is it that a regular user of this package
should upgrade?".  That is to say, urgencies are measured only in
relation to the package itself, with no reference to other packages.
Hence a "low" change to an MTA might be more important than a "high"
change to a game, looking at it in broad terms, but at least the readers
don't have to make those comparisons.  They just know that "Oh, I play
this game, and it's been totally rewritten and improved heaps, I guess I
should grab the new version".

What is the actual definition of the urgency fields for Debian?

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Internet and Open Source Development, Consulting and Training