Re: Proposal: use BTS for wnpp

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 02:49:41PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> That's right. Although we weren't talking about ITPs as much as
> Requests For Packages, I think. So I file a bug asking that XYZ be
> packaged, someone else emails the bug saying `I tried to package this
> but encountered ABC problem' and then finally someone says `I am
> packaging this' and then closes the bug when he uploads (possibly in
> the changelog of new package!)

Done right, it should work for both.

Each package requested should have one bug report, with the name of the
package (and maybe short significant note) in the subject line.

ITP would just be additional filings against the original bug report.

I dunno about Severity: though -- it's easy to forget, I don't know
that it adds information, but it would have a significant effect
on the appearance of bugs.debian.org/wnpp.

Add a debian-wnpp@lists.debian.org as the maintainer, so people who
want to be spammed by wnpp can get their fix and that should just
about do it.  That, and some mad volunteer to convert the existing
wnpp page into this new media.

--
Raul