Re: Release-critical Bugreport for June 2, 2000

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 05:15:05AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: xfstt (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Stephen J. Carpenter <sjc@debian.org>
>   63550  xserver-svga: 100% CPU loop with netscape + java + xfstt

Is this really release-critical? I mean the bug report says
"When Java is enabled and the Netscape Fixed Width Font is set to Lucida
Console (Ttf) and I visit java.sun.com with Netscape . . . This bug
does not occur when the Netscape Fixed Width Font is set to Lucida
Typewriter (B&H)."

These are some pretty specific circumstances that can be easily avoided.
I realize it's nasty to crash a X server, and I wouldn't mind this bug
report going into the README.Debian file, but this occurs in too narrow
of circumstances that are too easily avoid to be a reason to drop the
package.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu