Re: ITP: deborphan

Peter Palfrader wrote:

> I packaged deborphan:

>  deborphan finds "orphaned" packages on your system.
>  It determines which packages have no other packages
>  depending on their installation, and shows you a list of
>  these packages. It is most useful when finding libraries,
>  but it can be used on packages in all sections.

Hi,

I just started playing with deborphan.  It looks good.

If you haven't seen pkg-nodep you might use it to check that it
and your package agree on the orphans.

I was having a problem with the pkg-nodep options so I sent the
author a short test-whine a few days ago.  I think he's busy with
other things at the moment.  So I wrote a rexx script that does
much the same as it and deborphan.  If you want to have a look
it's at http://loki.dhs.org/~rick/downloads/nodeps.tgz .  It
requires regina-rexx.

Rick
--