On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 12:21:54AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > C. That the maintainer of the Debian Policy Manual, or an appointee of
> > the Debian Project Leader, be directed to update that manual
> > respective of the changes to the Project and general Project policy
> > detailed in sections A and B above.
>
> Stating of the obvious.
>

> > D. That the maintainers of the Debian Archive and website, or an
> > appointee of the Debian Project Leader, be directed to implement the
> > changes to the Debian Archive and website to reflect the changes to
> > Debian enacted by the foregoing clauses in this Resolution.
>
> Stating of the obvious.

Declarations of this nature are par for the course in legislative circles,
which is more or less the activity we're undertaking with things like
proposals which must be ratified.

They often to serve to delimit the scope of the proposal and mandate a
mechanism for implementation, rather than presenting some abstract goal and
leaving the means of achieving it to be figured out later.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Exercise your freedom of religion.  Set