>>"Branden" == Branden Robinson <branden@ecn.purdue.edu> writes:

 Branden> [NO NEED TO CC ME ON LIST MAIL]
 Branden> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:27:35PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
 >> non-free software doesn't need to be discriminated against (and changing
 >> the rules & practices relating to non-free software after 4+ years is
 >> discrimination), ignoring it is sufficient.

 Branden> That's almost exactly what this proposal aims to do.  As it
 Branden> stands we pay a contribute a significant portion of our
 Branden> resources to the upkeep of non-free software.

	we pay a contribute a significant?

        Please, let the maintainers of the non-free stuff be the only
 ones who spend time on this; the rest of us can just ignore that
 bit. I would certainly say that non-free software should not feature
 in releases, not caoulkt it have RC bugs, since it is not part of our
 distribution, and this is not released.

	Or are you taling about disk and bandwidth issues? non-free is
 really dwarfed by the main distribution; and the added burdens are,
 IMHO, more than offset by the added value they bring to Debian (yes,
 non free software can have value)

	manoj
--
 "One man's mate is another man's passion." Jeff Daiell's description
 of adultery