Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

I seconded the original proposal, and I now second the amended proposal.

I'd like to point out to the many people who are reacting with alarm at
this proposal that, even if/when it acquires the needed 5 seconds, the
next step would be a minimum 2 week debate, followed by a general vote.

I (obviously) think the proposal has merit.  But I'm not totally convinced
that it's time is at hand.  Therefore I am seconding the proposal to ensure
debate.  So far, most of the pro arguments I've seen are calm discussion,
but many of the opposing arguments are highly inflammatory.  The opposing
arguments that have not resorted to logical fallacy and sarcasm carry much
more weight in my analysis.

In short: If your mind is already made up, flames are fun.  But I suspect
	  that developers who are undecided will not cast their vote based
	  on who flamed the best.

Debate == Good.  Flame == Bad.

Regards,
Steve