Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

non-free consists of many things, many of which are very far from
Proprietary MS-like software.

- binary-only applications (until we can replace them...)
- binary-only libraries (some otherwise free software needs them, e.g. lyx)
- software that is _mostly_ considered free by people, but fails
  the DFSG on a clause or two (e.g. redistribution of modified
  binaries).
- software licensed such that selling it is not allowed.

Do we really want to put this stuff on the same boat as MS?
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada