On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:39:23AM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 05:50:00PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > try this definition, from WordNet:
> >
> >   discrimination
> >        n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of
> >             prejudice [syn: {favoritism}, {favouritism}]
>
> Do you consider it unfair to treat non-free software differently from
> free software?
>
> If so, then your definition above doesn't apply.

of course it's "unfair". fairness implies equality, and we do not treat
free & non-free equally.

that doesn't mean that the way we distinguish between free & non-free is
wrong, but it would be self-deception to believe that it is "fair".

> OTOH, why do you support Debian in the first place if you don't agree
> with its principles?

i do agree with debian's principles. i was one of the people who debated
and voted to approve the expression of those principles as the social
contract and DFSG. that's why i'm opposed to seeing those principles,
which we all agreed to, being trashed in a very short-sighted and
malicious fashion.

craig

--
craig sanders