jgoerzen@complete.org (John Goerzen) writes:

> > above software so that it fits Debian, but what about the
> > others? Let us not be fanatics because fanatism is a foe to the
> > reason...
>
> I find it horrid that Debian developers are suggesting that having
> Debian support only Free Software is a fanatic act!  Debian *started*
> like this and went that way for some time.

John - With all due respect, were you there?  How do you know?  What are
you using to make this claim?

I was not around at the very beginning, but I have been around long
enough to know that Debian used to be more interested in producing a
quality Linux distribution than making a statement that all non-free
software is evil.

Debian *started* as a project to produce a quality non-commercial Linux
distribution, not as an entity to promote Free software and Free
software only.  Let's not forget that.

- Brian