Re: KDE REWARD OFFERED

On 6/9/2000 15:49, Steve Greenland at stevegr@debian.org wrote:

> 1. The GPL is not compatible with the QPL - software released under the
> GPL may not be linked with Qt and then distributed.

That's in Binary form. What about just distributing the Source (the (L)GPL'd
part) and leaving it up to the user to compile and link to Qt. I don't see
this as violating the GPL in any way.

At this point it seems to me this holy war is more of an emotional thing
because of past violations and the fact that Debian seems to just hate KDE
and won't allow it into the distro no way no how.

Personally, I don't like KDE and use Gnome. KDE is ugly as sin and reminds
me WAY too much of windows (more than Gnome does). Konquor reminds me too
much of Windows Explorer and the Active desktop crap that MS forced on
people (for the record, I'm not impressed with Nautilas for the same
reason).

Anyway, my 2¢

--
Carl B. Constantine             (carl@os-s.com)    Phone: 250.953.2650
Open Source Solutions Inc.                           Fax: 250.953.2659

     "I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want
                       to kill 10789 characters."