Re: Keysigning Party, et al...

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 07:48:51PM -0500, Clay Crouch wrote:
> BTW, I don't plan to carry a computer nor my secret key to any
> keysigning. I do plan to carry numerous 1.44mb floppies with my
> public key on them, to pass out to signators. I would ask the same
> in return. I'll sign what keys I get (from positively-identified
> persons) when I return home, and upload them immediately afterward.

That wont work. You can't look on the Disk at the party, so you can't verify
the data which is given to you. You don't need disks. Just write on a small
piece of paper your fingerprint, keysize, keyid and Name with email address
and hand that piece to theppl who want to certify you. They can get your key
from a key server, check it againast the fingerprint. At the key signing
party, you just check the name against the passport.

If you have bigger parties you will collect all names and fingerprints on a
single piece of paper before, and then everybody is reading his fingerprint
from his own business card, so everybody can be sure that the fingerprint on
the collected list is untampered.

Greetings
Bernd