Re: Why 2 inconsistent package managers frontents?

Jason> If you are using APT then you have a whole battery of functions
Jason> to get available information, all of which are faster and
Jason> better than what is offered through the available file.

Agreed. I have done some queries with dpkg-cache, and it is fine and
fast.

Could you show me how you do a dpkg -l netscape\* with apt? If this
can be done with non-tuncated package names and version numbers of the
not-installed packages, this would rock even more.

Ciao,
        Martin