Re: eliminating -source packages

For MOST purposes, the kernel source is the one source package that a LARGE
number of people feel they NEED.  I personally prefer to recompile my kernel for
my specific hardware configuration, and would hate to be forced to go back to
the net to download the source.  The thing is that, from what I remember, the
kernel source package only came out as a .gz file in my /usr/src directory,
which is completely useless, and wastes a LOT of disk space.

							Dave Bristel