Re: 'editor' alternative policy?

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 02:03:15PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have not found anything regarding how to decide on the priority of the
> "editor" alternative. I know there's something for x-window-manager, but I
> don't think it's in the current policy yet. Is there a policy for editor?
>
> If there isn't, how should I decide my priority?

I don't believe there is a policy, but glancing at /v/l/d/alt/editor and
simple reasoning says that editor should be console based, and a good
common denominator for the users on the system - i.e. something easy
to use without much training. Anyone who wants something specialized can
set it that way. (By this reasoning, vim should not have the level it
does. I'm tempted to file a bug (wishlist) on vim on the matter.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu