Ogg Vorbis .deb's available.

I have put together some preliminary packages of the Ogg Vorbis audio codec.
they are available at:

deb http://master.debian.org/~mjb/vorbis/ ./

These Packages are available:

 libvorbis-dev - The OGG Vorbis lossy audio compression codec.
 mp3tovorbis   - An encoder for the Ogg Vorbis lossy audio compression codec.
 ogg123        - A player for Ogg Vorbis files.
 vorbize       - An encoder for the Ogg Vorbis lossy audio compression codec.
 xmms-vorbis   - An xmms plugin to play Ogg Vorbis files.

notes:
Vorbis currently does not use .so's, but will eventually. you only need the
-dev package if you plan to compile some apps that use the codec. (as with
all development, just that there is not a libvorbis yet)

The vorbize encoder will *only* encode 44kHz 16bit stereo raw PCM or wav
files. this will change in future, so dont panic. This is not to say vorbize
will not encode other formats, it just wont sound right :P

mp3tovorbis is only a "one at a time" converter, and does not check for the
rate of an mp3. so, if you convert a 22kHz stream, you'll get chipmunks.

Please, mail me with problems (with the packages, not the code), and I'll
try to get them prepared for woody by the weekend.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

               CONNECT 300...   Connect 300?!?!?! #%^# NO CARRIER