OT: DDR (Was: new-maintainer@debian.org)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Miros/law `Jubal' Baran wrote:

> DDR, die Deutsche Demokratische Republik, or German Democratic Republic
> (which was not democratic in any way /such twisted language was typical
> for communist regime/, the second German country, under soviet reign).
                             ^^^^^^
The second is right, because it was founded about one month later than
the "first", but I would consider "the *other* German country" better.
May be "second" is as twisted as "democratic" and such type of language
is always used in human societies - believe me I know both now.

Sorry, couldn't resist and will not continue this very OT thread.

Kind regards

       Andreas.