Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions]

Herbert Xu wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 12:07:01AM -0400, Christopher W. Curtis wrote:
> >
> > Then there should be no test at all because a -f would lead people to
> > believe that removing (or renaming) the file is the correct way to
> > disable something, which it isn't any more than chmod -x as it suffers
> > the same problem.
>
> Huh? The -f test is there so that the script doesn't screw you up when the
> package is removed but not purged.

All I'm saying is that a test -x gives you the exact same ability, plus
the added benefit of being more 'correct' (making the bold assumption
here that 'if[is_executable]then execute' is more correct than
'if[is_file]then execute').  Besides, the SA probably has bigger things
to deal with than 'was it removed and not purged?' when netbase has been
removed.

Christopher