Re: portmap (was Re: SECURITY PROBLEM: autofs [all versions])

On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 12:56:00AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> More problematic though, is that netbase and friends not only rerun
> update-rc.d on upgrades, but they also restart the service (or run
> /etc/init.d/* restart or something similar anyway).

Maybe the policy should state that "/etc/init.d/* restart" only starts
the service if it was successfully stopped, i. e. it was running
before. I think, restarting services on upgrade is quite useful
(it it doesn't cause harm).

 - Sebastian