woody cron not honoring umask

Hi, I've been noticing for the past few weeks that woody's cron (potato
has the same version) no longer honors my umask of 077, which is set in
my ~/.bashrc.  Multiple programs run from my normal user's crontab are
now creating files of mode 0644.  I haven't changed any of cron's
conffiles and I verified this by putting "* * * * * touch
$HOME/umasktest" in a fresh user's crontab.

I was about to file an RC bug but I realized that this might be a bash
problem, so I decided to dump this issue on more informed people.

Cheers,

	Brian