Re: lprng as 'stantard' package (was: Re: Test packages for libc6 2.1.91+cvs)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Pablo Baena wrote:

> It surprises me that somebody else is having the same problem, and it isn't
> fixed. I have a Citizen GSX-190 dot-matrix printer emulating Epson,

Align pages really is a pain if you can't just dump the postscript directly
into the printer. I've never managed perfect margin alignment not even when
printing under Windows (using ordinary Epson LX-810, and Epson StylusColor
II). My trusty HPLJ4L gives me a bit more hope, but I've not tacked the
problem yet.

> bottom. And now, with the latest kernels, I cannot print more than
> 3 pages in manual-sheet mode because it reports `out of paper' and
> stop printing. I also think the only way to print something will be to

Have you ever played with tunelp? If not, try it. Something tunelpable might
be your problem. But do remember that if you allow the lp module to be
unloaded, all tunelp configuration is lost.

  Henrique Holschuh