Wanted: Perl interface to Debian Bugsystem

Hi,

do we have a perl interface to the Debian Bugsystem which can query
the bug server(s), eg. wether a package(version) has (important) bugs
and which returns parameter like submit date, severity, version, etc?

I did not find a package containing that. The package debbugs only has
the cgi scripts through which you can ask the server and get HTML
pages.

eg. what is used to create the release critical bugs list?

Christoph