Re: Please don't remove libc5 - old non-free software might need it!

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:26:32PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> 	Of course it is.  There is a difference between a definition and
> the connotation one associates with a word.

Okay, try jerk (as in noun describing a person). The negativity is
part of the definition. Since I've _never_ heard someone use FUD in
even a neutral context, I'd have to say the definition is negative.
FUD was made to describe a particular situation - that encountered
by Gene Amdahl. If it is a general acroynm, it's pointless - why
don't you just say "fear", or say "uncertainty", or say "doubt"?
If it describes a particular tactic used by droids of a company,
then it's a valuable word.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu