On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:33:34AM -0400, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > > bring up the FSF at all if this isn't about them?  Maybe it wasn't you who
> > > brought them up, but several of your supporters have asserted that the "Free
> > > Software Community", as mentioned in the Social Contract, in fact refers to
> > > the FSF.
> >
> > I never attempted to make such a statement, and I am not aware of
> > anyone else that did either.
>
> I can't find the posts now in the archive, so perhaps someone said it on IRC.

You make assertions of alleged fact then just say, "whoops" when they turn
out to be unfounded?

It is amusing that you criticize John for not focussing on the "valid"
arguments of the opponents of his GR when you yourself provide a poor
example, manufacturing position statements out of whole cloth and then
attacking them, retreating to, "well, somebody said it on IRC" when your
deception is challenged.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |  <joeyh> oh my, it's a UP P III.
Debian GNU/Linux                |  <doogie> dos it.